IRA Charitable Rollover
To take advantage of the charitable rollover for 2016, you will need to arrange a direct transfer from your IRA to an eligible charity such as the Education Fund by December 31 for the transfer to count against your required minimum distribution for 2016.
What gifts qualify for an IRA charitable rollover?
- You must be age 70 ½ or older when you make your gift.
- Your gift must come from a traditional IRA or Roth IRA account (401 (k), 403 (b), SEP IRA accounts, and other retirement accounts do not qualify.)
- Your gift must come directly from your IRA administrator to LWVS-KC Education Fund.
- Your total IRA charitable rollover gifts in any one year cannot exceed $100,000.
- Your IRA rollover gift can count toward your Required Minimum Distribution (RMD) if you have not already taken your RMD for the year you make your gift.
- The gift from your IRA will not be available as an income tax charitable deduction;
- The gift from your IRA will be excluded from income.
Contact your account manager for additional information. The LWVS-KC Education Fund tax ID # is 91-1224769.